Hello again! Yesterday, Pastor Alan shared a wonderful message about how Jesus is portrayed in each of the Gospels. To listen to this message, click play on the audio player below. You’ll also find Pastor Alan’s outline below, as well as links to the verses. I pray you are blessed by this message!
The Christ Who Came
- Matthew: The One Who Fulfills
- Mark: The Suffering Servant
- Luke: The Savior of All
- Luke 2:30-32
- Salvation in Luke’s gospel focuses on 2 things
- Forgiveness of sin (our past)
- New life through the Spirit (present and future)
- John: The Incarnate Word – John 1:14
- He became man and dwelt among us.
- The emphasis is on signs and their purpose of teaching.
- In Christ 7 things linked to 7 miracles.
- Christ ushers in a new beginning: water into wine.
- Christ has the power to give life: the official’s son
- Christ has the power to judge: the lame man.
- Christ can satisfy what we are really hungering and thirsting for if we would let him: Feeding the 5000.
- Christ has the authority over creation: Christ walking on the water.
- Christ lights our way as the light of the world: Healing the blind.
- Christ is the resurrection and the life: Resurrection of Lazarus.
Conclusion: What do you believe about Christ?
A three-fold test –
- Whoever denies that Jesus is the Eternal Christ that came in the flesh is a liar. 1 John 2:22
- Whoever claims to have fellowship with God and walks in darkness is a liar. 1 John 1:6
- Whoever says he loves God but hates his brother is a liar. 1 John 4:20
So, do we believe all we see about Christ?