Good evening! I’m trying to get caught up, and I apologize for the late postings. This message was from the last Sunday in June. Pastor Alan was away, so we got to learn from Terry about Matthew 5:13-16. To listen to this message, simply click play on the audio player below.
Salt & Light
- Jesus said He was the light of the world, while He was in the world. (John 9:5)
- When He ascended, He passed the torch onto us. (Matthew 5:14)
- Though “good itself does not dwell in me” (Romans 7:18), God makes us salty and puts His light in us.
- v. 16 is a command, not a suggestion.
- The Church of Laodicea is the church of the last days. (Revelation 3:14-22) But, Jesus doesn’t talk to the CHURCH who overcomes… He speaks to the ONE who overcomes… (Revelation 3:21) It’s an individual calling to rise above, be salty, and shine your light.
- v. 16 is also an INDIVIDUAL command, not a corporate one. Don’t wait for the Church to shine; it’s on you!