Two Sundays ago, Pastor Alan taught us about some of those important moments when Jesus appeared to His disciples from John chapter 20. To listen to this message, simply click play on the audio player below. Pastor Alan’s outline with links to the Scriptures he references can also be found below.
Jesus Appears to His Disciples
- Jesus Proclaims Peace to the Fearful Disciples
- Jesus’ Presence Produces Gladness in His Disciples
- Jesus, as the “Sent One,” Sends the Disciples
- Jesus Breathes the Holy Spirit into the Disciples
- Jesus Gives Authority to Forgive Sin to the Disciples
- John 20:23
- Is a factual statement:
- We have been forgiven, so we must forgive others
- Jesus Interacts with Thomas
- What is Belief?
- John 20:30-31
- We are called to believe that Jesus is the Christ/Messiah/Anointed One
- Jesus was anointed by the Spirit at His baptism
- 1 John 2:18-23 – if you don’t believe in Jesus, you are – by definition – an antichrist.
- Thomas should be called “Thomas the Proclaimer”
- He was the first to say, “My Lord and my God!”