From Pastor Steve Collins
Just a word of praise this Sabbath day:
These are difficult days, but just because God delays does not mean He is inactive. His timing is always perfect. I can’t help but sense He is working on the hearts of this world to come back to Him, just as He did with Israel. He sits as a refiner of silver, and the outcome will be all things working together for the good of those who loveHim.
Let us be more focused on learning the lessons He has for us in the time of trial, rather than on yearning for the hour of deliverance. Take joy in your salvation during this time, and praise Him continually for His unending Mercy.
**Note: Though we have cancelled services for this week to do our part to help stop the spread of Coronavirus and allay fears, we do plan to reopen as soon as possible. We are trusting in God and His provision, and pray you are all doing the same. He is in control!
The silversmith must pay very close attention when he is melting down silver to create his lovely pieces. He can’t simply toss chunks of silver into a bowl and place it in the fire, checking back on it in a few hours to see how it’s melting. No, he must sit right beside the crucible, constantly watching and caring for the silver. Should he look away for even a moment, the silver can scorch. So he sits and he stirs, ever mindful of the moment when the silver is finally ready to be taken from the fire. And how does he know when that moment has arrived? When he can see his reflection mirrored perfectly in the surface of the melted silver.
And so it is in our own lives. God is our silversmith, placing us in the fire to refine us through trials and tests of our faith. But He never leaves us alone in the fire. He doesn’t take a break to grab a snack or watch the Super Bowl or walk the dog. No, He is always right there beside us during those difficult times, caring for us, ensuring we don’t scorch in the flames. And when He can see Himself more clearly reflected in us, that’s when He knows that the refining has been complete and He removes us from the fire.
Know that when times are tough, God is right there beside you, watching you transform — and if you are trusting in Him, you will be refined into something more beautiful than you can even imagine: a reflection of God Himself.
- I will refine them like silver and test them like gold. Zechariah 13:9
- For you, God, tested us; you refined us like silver. Psalm 66:10
- Therefore this is what the Lord Almighty says: “See, I will refine and test them, for what else can I do because of the sin of my people?” Jeremiah 9:7
- Some of the wise will stumble, so that they may be refined, purified and made spotless until the time of the end, for it will still come at the appointed time. Daniel 11:35
- He will sit as a refiner and purifier of silver; he will purify the Levites and refine them like gold and silver. Malachi 3:3
Praying that you have a blessed week!